Two lessons from Michael Phelps

by Life-Engineering on January 25, 2011 · 0 comments

I’ve moved this post to my new Life-Engineering blog, dedicated to motivating people to achieve their goals and change their futures by taking control of their lives.

You can now find this post here:

1 JB August 16, 2008 at 7:04 PM

“I know of men who believe in themselves more colossally than Napoleon and Caesar. I know where flames the fixed star of certainty and success. I can guide you to the thrones of the Supermen. The men who really believe in themselves are all in lunatic asylums.”

–GK Chesterton

2 Rusty Lindquist August 17, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Interesting isn’t it. None who truly succeed and become great do so without first believing in themselves – you don’t stumble onto greatness (you can stumble on success, but the two are not the same).

My biological father has Schitsophrenia, and he too believes in himeself, that he is a prophet.

Yet these two beliefs are also not the same. One is born of sheer will and determination, in spite of all odds, while the other is born of fantasy and illusion, in spite of all the truth.

But it it interesting how, not just in this regard, we find how the adversary will take something of such good, then twist and convolute it to such ill.

3 Margaret August 17, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Seems there is opposition in all things. The internet for instance. So many wonderful things can be accomplished through it, but yet it can also be a source of so much evil.

It’s wonderful when those who achieve greatness are also good!

4 universitymindlab August 18, 2008 at 7:00 PM

Good post.. The Olympics has provided inspiration after inspiration..

5 pconnect September 25, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Michael swam to greatness. He made it happen,making the most of the potential he is gifted. A very inspiring work of determination to be the best.

6 Jill Knapp January 28, 2009 at 12:53 PM

We have a mini gym in our garage thanks to my sweet husband. On the mirror in our gym sit’s this picture of Michael Phelps. When I am not in the mood or just plain to tired to give my work out my all I look at that picture and in goes those thoughts. I know how hard he worked to make worlds best. He wanted it and he met the goals that it took to achieve his dream.

I have dreams. I am meeting goals and I am determined to reach my goal. Motivation comes from within. For me it’s like a seed that is planted and as long as I water that seed it will flourish. Good luck to you in whatever your dream maybe. May you archive your goals by keeping your eye on the ball and reaching for the stars.
Jill Knapp