On a personal note

by Rusty Lindquist on January 25, 2011 · 0 comments

I finally went in and got my nose fixed today – deviated septum.  Back when I was about 10, living in Montana, I was playing king of the, well, ice hill, at school when some kid shoved me face first into a mound of ice and really did a number on my nose.

This was before I got adopted, and if I remember correctly while my biological mother was away on a singing gig, so I didn’t ever get it fixed.

But I went in and got a sleep study done last week to figure out why I’m always so tired.  I figured it was my friends Jim, Ringer, or the Pondering Pastor always pushing my brain, but instead found out I have sleep apnea.  Here’s a picture of that night – hilarious.  They hook you up like this and then say “go to sleep”.  I say “yeah right”.  They say “like we haven’t heard that before” and give you that look like “just shut up and do it, okay?”  LOL.

So my doctor told me it was time to fix my nose, which brought me to this point… (the before shot where I’m still smiling):

So now I’m home resting, updating my iPhone, pondering the recent blog comments, and realizing why I put this off for so long.

The good news, is that I have some forced “off-time”, which will let me catch up on some of these comments!

1 Jim B. September 12, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Wow. You remind me of my dad about 20 years ago – ripped. (He’s still ripped.)

Hope you’re feeling better.

God Bless

2 Lyman September 12, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Rusty, I know exactly what you are going through. In July 2007, I had a sleep study done to see why I was always so tired and lethargic. It turns out I had sleep apnea, you could say extremely severe sleep apnea. What really made me pay attention was when my Dr. told me that if I hadn’t been tested and diagnosed, I would probably be dead in a few years. Wow, that hit like a sledgehammer to the chest (no pun intended). Now I use a CPAP machine every night to help me sleep and believe you me I sleep like a baby now. Now my Dr. tells me that I’m addicted to breathing and I have to agree with him. I’m praying for you Rusty, it will only get better from here on out. Hold to the Faith and God bless you. By the way, I dig your blog man, we Elders of Israel have to watch each others back.

3 Stephen M (Ethesis) September 13, 2008 at 8:35 PM

My life has really improved since I got rid of my sleep problems.

4 Margaret September 15, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Hope you’re starting to feel better by now. Surgery is never fun, but I hope the end result is worth it. Rest all you can!

5 Eric Nielson September 16, 2008 at 12:44 PM

It is hard to feel sorry for you when you are smiling so much.

6 Rusty Lindquist September 16, 2008 at 1:52 PM

LOL, I’m just happy to get it taken care of. It’s easy to underestimage the importance of breathing.